Thursday, August 6, 2009

:: Summer of Love ::

Selection from "Views of a Fetus in the W...Image via Wikipedia

There's been too much time for living lately, and not enough time for writing. The days have been full and busy, and I've been spending any spare time I have lately sleeping, or reading for half an hour and then sleeping.

I've been expending much unseen energy these days on growing our little fetus. Sometime in March we should be expecting Baby Kennedy #2! I got to tell my Mum in person this time, which was awesome. Liam and the little one will be two years and four months apart, a Scorpio and a Pisces, exactly the same as Spencer and his older sister.

I had a more than a solid month of horrible all-day nausea, but it seems to have gone now. I just have to be careful not to smell anything gross, and not let myself get too hungry. I'm glad it's passed for the most part. I don't remember it being so all-consuming in my pregnancy with Liam. I spend my spare time sleeping because I can't nap in this pregnancy. Liam naps at work, and I can only nap when he does, so I can't nap. So I've been going to bed when he does, and reading for a bit before I fall asleep. It's the first time in a long time that I've consistently gone to bed before midnight and have been sleeping for nine or ten hours. It feels good to take care of myself.

We've had so many visitors this Summer so far, and they have really brightened up an already beautiful season.

My Mum came to stay with us for a week in July when T went to her Dad's wedding. Mum looked after Liam while I went to work for a full day. She would bring him down to the shop in time for his nap, and his schedule was kept intact. It worked perfectly!


I'll admit that I'm spoiled and it was hard to work so many full days. Normally T and I split the day in half and only do four hours each. The nausea was overwhelming at the time but I held it together and tried to snack to keep it at bay.

The visit with my Mum was amazing for all, especially Liam. He learned so much from her - I really saw him grow up a bit while she was here. I loved seeing her absolute devotion to him and all her Nana-energy being spent on only him. As a result he learned a lot during her visit. She taught him to say "thank-you" and he now whispers "ca-ca" when he finds something yucky or a hair on the floor. They had a great routine together, which every toddler thrives on. She reminded me how good and easy fresh fruit is for snacking, and we still cut up lots for myself and Liam.


My aunt and uncle and Granma (Liam's GG) came from Qualicum for a birthday dinner while my Mum stayed, and my cousin Jillian also surprised me for my birthday. My mum and I have the same birthday, and we love spending it together. It was a perfect birthday. I got to have my husband and my family with me, and knowing we have another little bird on the way made it even sweeter.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Laura Wolf said...

Sorry your feeling nausea with the pregnancy. I heard popsicles can really help. Hopefully, it will past with the first trimester. Love the picture of Liam on the floor. What a beatuiful boy!

Jess said...

Holy shiny floor!
I'm happy you've come out. Baby deuce.
Don't be a slacker, get writing because I love reading your blogs.
x

Kim said...

Congratulations! I hope that your pregnancy is wonderful! I'm sorry you are experiencing some nausea and I hope it passes soon. I am also happy that you had such a great time with your Mum. It is always amazing to watch children with their grandparents. I am so blessed that Preston gets to see his grandma everyday. They have such a wonderful relationship! Liam is just precious!